Marketing & Communications Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Director of Development & Communications
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities related to marketing, advertising, media relations, promotions & sales, digital and social media content and website development in coordination with a marketing team including a graphic designer, marketing interns and graphic design interns while reporting to the Director of Development & Communications.
As part of its long-term strategic growth plan, the LSO seeks a driven, dynamic up-and-coming brand communicator capable of juggling multiple competing objectives and deadlines professionally. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will possess an approach to marketing and communication projects that’s both analytical and creative. The ideal candidate will arrive ready to learn and is expected to advance to the role of Marketing Director within two years after sufficient mentoring by Director of Development & Communications and experience within the LSO.
- Develop and communicate campaign direction to graphic designer for the creation of all digital, print and other media.
- Schedule advertising and marketing campaigns including: print, digital, email, social media, website, television and radio.
- Maintain a good working relationship with local, state and national media as appropriate. Write and distribute materials including press releases, advisories, concert information, artist information, photos and other materials as requested. Prior knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Act as primary editor for each concert’s program book, including program notes, advertising, donor/sponsor information and all other program content.
- Write scripts for TV and radio advertisements.
- Conduct regular business with printer including scheduling jobs, requesting and reviewing quotes, submitting artwork and mailing lists and discussing new print collateral.
- Collect and archive all press coverage including print and digital clippings.
- Oversee graphic design work offering feedback and approval for all design work (at the direction of Director of Development and President/CEO). Keep up-to-date with project deadlines and ensure marketing team is on track to meet them (project management).
- Provide guidance and oversight to the graphic designer/web specialist regarding LSO website and its content, ensuring the website presents the best possible first impression of the organization and all information and multimedia are up-to-date.
- Annually develop symphony renewal/subscription campaign timeline and continually assess marketing activities related to renewal/subscriptions to ensure the LSO meets its target dates and sales goals.
- Attend all LSO concerts (approximately 12-15 per year) and assist with patron experience, marketing presentation, seating arrangements and other concert logistics.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisors.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years of experience in marketing, public relations, media relations, communications or a closely related field
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, media & communications or closely related discipline
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
START DATE: June 1, 2019
Send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org